Player Feedback System
Our outdoor mobile laser tag system has an Advanced Experiential Player Feedback System to give players critical game information about their status. These use a variety of intuitive feedback mechanisms, including audible (using the blaster’s in-built speaker), visual (using lights located on the blaster and the sensor vest, displaying information on the HUD) and kinetic (the blaster is able to vibrate) feedback.
These player feedback mechanisms are important for our fast moving games, where players often are keen to start their games as quickly as possible with minimal instruction. They help players to quickly get up to speed with how the game is played by experiential learning and feedback. Our crew are also always on hand to help players where necessary and give guidance.
Key Player Feedback Signals
- To start the game, players may be widely dispersed and not even in sight of each other. To ensure every player is aware that the game will start, the CCC broadcasts the Game Countdown to each players in-built blaster speaker and a countdown timer is shown on the HUD. The blaster says “GO” when countdown has finished and the game has started.
- The CCC broadcasts “GAME OVER” to each blaster, the HUD displays a “O” (for Over) sign and the winner, or winning team has a green LED light (everyone else has a red flashing LED light)
- When a player is hit, the blaster makes a “UGH” wounded sound, it vibrates in the players hand, the blaster LED flashes red and sensor vest lights all flash red. This all combines to give the player and everyone else the signal that a hit has been recorded, and the Central Command Computer Score is updated.
- Blaster makes “PEW PEW” noise when firing successfully with sufficient ammo.
- Blaster makes a distinctive “BUH BUH” sound when out of ammo and says “SCAN AMMO PACK”.
- Blaster says SCAN MED-KIT when down to last health point.
- Blaster says SCAN TBASE ONE or SCAN TBASE TWO when player is eliminated and must respawn.